pgsql/ oc/src/sgml/runtime.sgml rc/backend/acc ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql/ oc/src/sgml/runtime.sgml rc/backend/acc ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    tgl@hub.org    01/06/27 19:31:40

Modified files:
    doc/src/sgml   : runtime.sgml
    src/backend/access/hash: hashpage.c
    src/backend/access/heap: heapam.c hio.c
    src/backend/access/nbtree: nbtpage.c
    src/backend/catalog: heap.c index.c
    src/backend/commands: vacuum.c
    src/backend/storage: Makefile
    src/backend/storage/ipc: ipci.c spin.c
    src/backend/storage/lmgr: lock.c
    src/backend/storage/smgr: md.c mm.c smgr.c
    src/backend/utils/cache: relcache.c
    src/backend/utils/misc: guc.c postgresql.conf.sample
    src/include/commands: vacuum.h
    src/include/storage: ipc.h lock.h smgr.h
    src/include/utils: rel.h
Added files:
    src/backend/storage/freespace: Makefile freespace.c
    src/include/storage: freespace.h

Log message:
    Install infrastructure for shared-memory free space map.  Doesn't actually
    do anything yet, but it has the necessary connections to initialization
    and so forth.  Make some gestures towards allowing number of blocks in
    a relation to be BlockNumber, ie, unsigned int, rather than signed int.
    (I doubt I got all the places that are sloppy about it, yet.)  On the
    way, replace the hardwired NLOCKS_PER_XACT fudge factor with a GUC
    variable.