Re: Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
> You can set up your machines however you wish.  While I
> generally prefer Debian for standalone systems because
> dselect makes it easy to add and remove things without spending
> a lot of time looking for other files, I've found that recent
> Red Hat is very manageable, especially if you are building a
> custom installation or your own .rpm files.

Speaking of Debian, seems they are the first vendor to ship an
"enhanced" PostgreSQL distribution.  Didn't someone report a new
pg_hba.conf option on Debian called "peer" recently.  We don't have such
an option and it was never submitted to us a a patch.  I don't remember
what it does.