Re: Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
> All indications the reports have given is that the RedHat Database code is
> going to be open-source -- now, as to what license their modifications will
> be released under is anybody's guess -- but my educated guess would be the
> same old PostgreSQL license we know and love, with a minor addition to the
> copyright notice that 'Portions Copyright Red Hat Software, Inc.'  Thus the
> PostgreSQL Global Development Group would be free to incorporate such
> modifications if we so saw fit to do so.

I don't think it is healthy to suggest that RH will be releasing their
own custom modifications to the PostgreSQL core server, unless you know
something we don't.  :-)

All indications I have heard are that they will be submitting patches
just like everyone else, and will be working on admin tools too.  Maybe
that is what you were referring to about a separate license.