Re: Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL
Date
Re: Re: Red Hat to support PostgreSQL  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 27 June 2001 15:35, Alex Knight wrote:
> On 27 Jun 2001, Vivek Khera wrote:
> > This is not the same in my book, since I don't
> > care to run RHL in any kind of production environment.

> Agreed over here.

Disagreed over here, with 4+ years of experience 24x7 on RHL since RHL 4.1.

And what about the SPECweb99 record just set by TUX on RHL 7.1 by an IBM
server? :-)

All indications the reports have given is that the RedHat Database code is
going to be open-source -- now, as to what license their modifications will
be released under is anybody's guess -- but my educated guess would be the
same old PostgreSQL license we know and love, with a minor addition to the
copyright notice that 'Portions Copyright Red Hat Software, Inc.'  Thus the
PostgreSQL Global Development Group would be free to incorporate such
modifications if we so saw fit to do so.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio