Storing image contents in TEXT fields - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jerome Alet
Subject Storing image contents in TEXT fields
Date
Re: Storing image contents in TEXT fields
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

I wanted to know if it's possible to store an image content in a TEXT field,
or if another type is needed (in this case, then which one ?).

I don't want to use BLOBs, because I modify an existing application
which also works with MySQL, and I can't update to postgresql-7.1.x
(I don't admin this server)

in a TEXT field the image seems to be truncated at the first nul byte.

Thanks in advance for any help.

bye,

Jerome Alet