Re: ODBC option question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: ODBC option question
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 09:26:37PM -0400, Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos wrote:
> Does anyone know what the option "Use declare fetch" on the windows ODBC driver mean?

Not quite sure if it's the same option but here at one stage we turned on
the options that would cause the ODBC driver to declare a cursor for queries
and then use fetch to retreive the rows in blocks of 1000 or so.

In our case it made a big difference as access could then open large tables
without dying.

> Is there anything in particular to be fine-tuned in ODBC when transfering large data sets?

If that's the option I'm thinking of then it will help in the display of
large data sets (output data starts arriving earlier) but for total transfer
time it's probably worse (slightly).

HTH,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>