pgsql/ ontrib/array/Makefile ontrib/cube/Makef ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Bruce Momjian - CVS
Subject pgsql/ ontrib/array/Makefile ontrib/cube/Makef ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    momjian@hub.org    01/06/18 17:38:02

Modified files:
    contrib/array  : Makefile
    contrib/cube   : Makefile
    contrib/dblink : Makefile
    contrib/earthdistance: Makefile
    contrib/fulltextindex: Makefile
    contrib/intarray: Makefile
    contrib/isbn_issn: Makefile
    contrib/lo     : Makefile
    contrib/miscutil: Makefile
    contrib/noupdate: Makefile
    contrib/oid2name: oid2name.c
    contrib/pgcrypto: Makefile
    contrib/rserv  : Makefile
    contrib/seg    : Makefile segparse.y
    contrib/soundex: Makefile
    contrib/string : Makefile
    contrib/userlock: Makefile
    src/include    : miscadmin.h
    src/include/storage: shmem.h
    src/include/utils: tqual.h

Log message:
    The attached patch enables the contrib subtree to build cleanly under
    Cygwin with the possible exception of mSQL-interface.  Since I don't
    have mSQL installed, I skipped this tool.

    Except for dealing with a missing getopt.h (oid2name) and HUGE (seg),
    the bulk of the patch uses the standard PostgreSQL approach to deal with
    Windows DLL issues.

    I tested the build aspect of this patch under Cygwin and Linux without
    any ill affects.  Note that I did not actually attempt to test the code
    for functionality.

    The procedure to apply the patch is as follows:

    $ # save the attachment as /tmp/contrib.patch
    $ # change directory to the top of the PostgreSQL source tree
    $ patch -p0 </tmp/contrib.patch

    Jason