Re: canned code to get db on web quickly via perl or PHP? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From will trillich
Subject Re: canned code to get db on web quickly via perl or PHP?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 08:12:14PM -0400, Randall Perry wrote:
> Anyone know if there are classes, templates that will quickly get a database
> online for users to insert, update, delete? Doesn't have to be pretty.

WEBMIN allows you to put hooks into postgresql, via a
straight-perl http daemon. one table per page, but it seems to
have just about all the bells and whistles you could want.
(probably some features are short, but i've not encountered any
serious lack, yet.)

    http://www.webmin.com/
    apt-cache search \*webmin\*   <-- for debian folk

you can configure services per-user, so bob,carol,ted,alice can
change system settings but not munge a psql database, where
jerry,kramer,elaine,george can create tables and massage data...

--
I figure: if a man's gonna gamble, may as well do it
without plowing.   -- Bama Dillert, "Some Came Running"

will@serensoft.com