Re: OIDS in views - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Zak McGregor
Subject Re: OIDS in views
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 04:26:00 +0200
Zak McGregor <zak@mighty.co.za> wrote:

> I have a huge problem: I expect to find a column named 'oid' in any
> table I query, and the client I am writing doesn't know whether I am
> really selecting from a table or a view. Trying to create a view
however
> yields the following error:
> ERROR: system column oid not available - mans is a view
[snip lots of rude stuff]

Apologies all - I didn't mean to sound quite as rude as I did - I didn't
realise until I re-read my email :(

What I *meant* to say was:
I have this problem (as per previous email ;-), does anyone please know
any way that I can cause views to have a column with a name of 'oid' in
them?

Thanks very much

Cheers all

Zak The Over-Tired ;-)

--
Zak McGregor    http://www.carfolio.com - Over 7000 car specs online
Web mercenary - currently for hire. Perl/html/.js/sql/cgi/GNUlinux/php +