Re: What the heck is happening here? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Tomblin
Subject Re: What the heck is happening here?
Date
List pgsql-general
Quoting Alex Pilosov (alex@pilosoft.com):
> While I think its a great idea for quality of DBD::Pg (Edmund, with all
> due respect, does not scale :), it needs to be agreed with Edmund
> first, and CPAN releases of DBD::Pg should continue, based on snapshots
> from postgresql canonic source. Preferably these releases should be once
> every few month (i.e. not necessarily coincided with postgres core
> releases).

I don't see why that should be a problem.  There are a lot of perl modules
that are installed by RedHat, for instance, that could also be grabbed
directly from CPAN if you felt like it.  Bundle::CPAN, for one.

Actually, I don't know what would happen if you upgraded a package using
CPAN, and then upgraded the RPM.  I suspect it would work just fine.

But my point is that having a different distribution mechanism (ie making
it part of the official distribution) as well as CPAN seems to work fine.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin@xcski.com>, not speaking for anybody
Programmer (n): One who makes the lies the salesman told come true.