Re: Greetings, Thinking about converting - Mailing list pgsql-general

From GH
Subject Re: Greetings, Thinking about converting
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 06:32:58PM -0600, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> Hi, I have a database with the 2 principal tables using 716,819 rows and 43,157,442 rows each one, related each one,
Ihave some triggers and stored procedures and views having a frontend made in Visual Basic using ODBC and ADO to
connectto the database, Im considering to move from Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 to PostgreSQL because this stuff its
gettingbig and getting slower, Im backing up must of things but I would like to know if I can get some improvement
changingfrom Win NT 4.0-MSSQL to Linux-Postgresql.

> What do you all think ? Should I change ?

Yes.

gh