Re: postgresql on SuSE 7.1 with reiserfs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Penguin
Subject Re: postgresql on SuSE 7.1 with reiserfs
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 11:37:34AM +0200, Jose Manuel Lorenzo Lopez wrote:

>Hello community,
>
>anyone experienced problems using postgresql distribution
>on SuSE 7.1 with reiserfs???
>
>I noticed the following problem:
>
>When creating a table 'tableA' as User A I can not insert in this
>table with User A. The error message is always:
>
>ERROR:  tableA: Permission denied.

What has reiserfs has got to do with it ?

Does User A has got insert permissions to the table. If not use GRANT.
Who is the owner of the table. If it is not User A than using GRANT your
will have to give him permission to do certain things such as insert,
update etc.

HTH

Warm Regards

--