pgsql/src backend/catalog/heap.c backend/comma ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Bruce Momjian - CVS
Subject pgsql/src backend/catalog/heap.c backend/comma ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    momjian@hub.org    01/05/30 08:57:36

Modified files:
    src/backend/catalog: heap.c
    src/backend/commands: command.c
    src/include/catalog: heap.h

Log message:
    Attached is my patch that adds DROP CONSTRAINT support to PostgreSQL.  I
    basically want your guys feedback.  I have sprinkled some of my q's thru
    the text delimited with the @@ symbol.  It seems to work perfectly.

    [ Removed @@ comments because patch was reviewed. ]

    At the moment it does CHECK constraints only, with inheritance.  However,
    due to the problem mentioned before with the mismatching between inherited
    constraints it may be wise to disable the inheritance feature for a while.
    it is written in an extensible fashion to support future dropping of other
    types of constraint, and is well documented.

    Please send me your comments, check my use of locking, updating of
    indices, use of ERROR and NOTICE, etc. and I will rework the patch based
    on feedback until everyone
    is happy with it...

    Christopher Kings