Re: COPY with default values? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Boes
Subject Re: COPY with default values?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 25 May 2001 10:33:41 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> COPY does not deal with insertion of default values.  Sorry.

This seems odd to me, especially since Pgsql treats

INSERT INTO keywords (key_id, key_text) VALUES (null, 'foo');

differently than

INSERT INTO keywords (key_text) VALUES ('foo');

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure Oracle will do the same thing for
each of these inserts, namely apply a default value when a null is
detected.

But thanks for the help!

--
Jeff Boes                                             vox 616.226.9550
Database Engineer                                     fax 616.349.9076