Re: Smaller access privilege changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: Smaller access privilege changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote: >Since there is no plan yet how to do a wholesale overhaul of the ACL >system, I'd like to
sticka few improvements into the current >implementation: >* COPY FROM will require INSERT privilege.  It used to
require>  UPDATE/DELETE, it think that is not correct..

COPY FROM should require either INSERT or UPDATE or both according to
what rows are being copied.  If a copied primary key already exists,
that will be an update.  I don't see any reason to give COPY FROM any
special treatment - surely it should succeed or fail according to
whether what it is trying to do is within the user's privileges.

========================================   "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully      made..."
Psalms139:14