pgsql/ oc/FAQ_QNX4 rc/backend/Makefile rc/back ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Bruce Momjian - CVS
Subject pgsql/ oc/FAQ_QNX4 rc/backend/Makefile rc/back ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    momjian@hub.org    01/05/24 11:53:34

Modified files:
    doc            : FAQ_QNX4
    src/backend    : Makefile
    src/backend/port/qnx4: sem.c shm.c tstsem.c
    src/bin/ipcclean: ipcclean.sh
    src/include/port: qnx4.h
    src/include/storage: s_lock.h
    src/makefiles  : Makefile.qnx4
    src/pl/plpgsql : Makefile

Log message:
    I haven't tried building postgres with the Watcom compiler for 7.1 because
    it does not support 64bit integers. AFAIK that's the default data type for
    OIDs, so I am not surprised that this does not work. Use gcc instead.
    BTW., 7.1 does not compile as is with gcc either, I believed the
    required patches made it into the 7.1.1 release but obviously I missed
    the deadline.
    Since the ports mailing list does not seem to be archived I have attached
    a copy of the patch (for 7.1 and 7.1.1).

    I've just performed a build of a Watcom compiled version and found a couple
    of bugs in the watcom specific part of that patch. Please use the attached
    version instead.

    Tegge, Bernd