Re: debian packages for Postgresql 7.1 or higher ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: debian packages for Postgresql 7.1 or higher ?
Date
List pgsql-general
larry a price wrote:
  >it's in testing, just add a line to to your apt-sources file, don't forget
  >to comment it out after you add the db and before run apt-get upgrade tho
  >

  >Larry Price      |  "We have seen the truth.
  >laprice@efn.org  |   And the truth makes no sense." -chesterton
  >
  >On Wed, 16 May 2001, Alex wrote:
  >
  >> Are there any debian packages for Postgresql 7.1 or higher for Potato?
  >> I've tried to get the src-deb from unstable (7.1.1) but it won't compile
  >> under potato, not unless I upgrade the perl packages as well, which is not
  >> my idea.

It's probably not a good idea to use packages from unstable if you want
to keep the rest of your system stable.  The unstable packages will
certainly pull in a lot of other unstable packages through dependencies,
including some major ones like libc6.

potato packages are at
 http://people.debian.org/~elphick/postgresql/potato.html
though they are not as up-to-date as the unstable distribution; I do them
when I have time.

     "For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh,
      and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is
      not of the Father, but is of the world."
                             I John 2:17