Re: C++ Headers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: C++ Headers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [010519 10:29]:
> mlw <markw@mohawksoft.com> writes:
> > Is any support for reworking the postgres headers such that they can be used,
> > cleanly, in a C++ program?
>
> You'll get no support for a request for a blank check.  What do you have
> in mind exactly?
>
> ISTM that making the backend's internal headers C++-clean has already
> been looked into, but rejected on grounds that I don't recall clearly.
> Check the list archives.
I do know that you can use libpq-fe.h cleanly in a C++ program (the
table posted earlier today gets populated by a C++ app), modulo the
Oid type conflicts with an SNMP++ header, handled by a quick #define.

LER