Re: Grammar-problems with pl/pgsql in gram.y - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Grammar-problems with pl/pgsql in gram.y
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Klaus Reger wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2001 16:10 schrieb Jan Wieck:
> >     Here it is. stmt_else is defined as type <stmts>, not <stmt>.
> >     The PLpgSQL_stmt_if struct has  a  condition  query  and  two
> >     statement lists (type <stmts>). You're trying to put a single
> >     statement into the else part instead of a list of statements.
> Thank you for the hint! That was it.
>
> >     Maybe   it'll   work   if   you   surround  it  with  another
> >     PLpgSQL_stmts struct where your new  PLpgSQL_stmt_if  is  the
> >     only  statement  in it's list.  Since I have some bigger work
> >     outstanding for PL/pgSQL, send the resulting  patch  (if  you
> >     get it to work) directly to me.
> The patch follows this message. May you tell me what kind of work it is,
> cause I'm so curous :-). By the way, the next thing I try is a
> EXCEPTION WHEN OTHER-clause, like in Oracle. Let's look if I'm successful.
   Patch applied.
   Really  a smart solution, just touching the gram.y and scan.l   files and using the existing instruction  code.
Thanks for   the contribution.

   What  about  a  CASE  ...  WHEN  ...?  I  think that could be   implemented in a similar way. Don't do it right now,
I might   be ready to commit the cursor stuff early next week and it'll   touch alot more than just the grammar and
scanner.

Jan