Re: Which OS to Use for Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From GH
Subject Re: Which OS to Use for Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 02:05:36AM +0000, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> Which operating system should I use for a Postgresql server?

Despite the fact that it really doesn't matter, I highly recommend
FreeBSD. We have had nothing but exceptional performance out of it.
(I recommend you use FreeBSD rather than Linux, but PostgreSQL is quite
happy with whatever ole mess you throw it into.)

*snippity snip snip*

> Is there anywhere that discusses configurations for postgresql?

Er, the mailing lists. ;-)

> Thanks,
>
> Al

dan