Re: Patch for jdbc ResultSet.getTimestamp() - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Patch for jdbc ResultSet.getTimestamp()
Date
List pgsql-patches
> > I can not backpatch this to 7.1.X because we are only adding major bug
> > fixes into that release.
>
> Why is that? afaik any bug fix is a candidate for the stable tree, as
> long as someone is willing to take responsibility for its level of risk
> and appropriateness. Something which fixes a clearly incorrect behavior
> would seem appropriate, especially if it is as concise and specific as
> is the case for this patch.
>
> Would you like someone else to vet the patch before we apply it? Or
> better yet have someone else who is compiling and using JDBC do so with
> this applied?

I have JDBC2 here, and can test the compile.  I am focusing on the CVS
because I have major jdbc patches back to February already applied.
There are so many fixes in CVS now, I am not sure how valuable 7.1.2
jdbc will be even with this one patch.

I certainly will not be applying any jdbc stuff to 7.1.X.  I was told
not to apply stuff during beta.  I am sure not going to apply anything
to a minor release.