Re: Internet is putting lot of competition fire & heat under Microsoft SQL Server - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Subject Re: Internet is putting lot of competition fire & heat under Microsoft SQL Server
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thus spake universe_made_of_atoms
> PostgreSQL is a "LINUX" of database systems - very powerful and
> reliable..
>
> Everybody is asking "What is the equivalent of Linux in SQL databases
> ??"
> The answer is "PostgreSQL" RDBMS server.

Oh please.  Can we stop trying to tie everything to the current front
runner.  I mean, PostgreSQL uses the BSD style license, development
is done under the BSD (cathedral) model and hey, it was invented at
Berkeley in the first place.  How is it the "equivalent of Linux"
other than that it has the same price tag more or less.