Re: Removal of pg_variable, pg_inheritproc, pg_ipl - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Removal of pg_variable, pg_inheritproc, pg_ipl
Date
List pgsql-patches
[ Charset US-ASCII unsupported, converting... ]
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > Why did you remove indisclustered?
> > >
> > > Useless it may be, but gratuitously breaking at least two extant clients
> > > doesn't seem like a good idea ...
> >
> > I patched the clients also.  Is that a problem?
> >

> Please don't reflect the server side changes in clients
> directly. Even clients in beta have to be able to talk
> to existent servers. As for removing indisclustered from
> current psqlodbc, it seems to have no problem but I'm not
> sure.

It isn't a problem.  The new ODBC version doesn't reference the column
anymore.  The value was meaningless anyway.  When we finally remove it
from pg_index, it would affect old clients, but that removal may be
years away.