Re: pg_index.indislossy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pg_index.indislossy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > Let's avoid removing things for the sake of removing them ... might be an
> > old idea that, if someone takes the time to research, might prove useful
>
> Yea, there is actually some code attached to this vs. the others that
> had no code at all.  Are we ever going to do partial indexes?  I guess
> that is the question.

One problem with keeping it is that interface coders are getting
confused by some of the unused system table columns, assuming they mean
something, when in fact they don't.  Both ODBC and JDBC have had this
problem that I fixed today.

Maybe the best solution is to mark the code as NOT_USED and remove the
column.  That way, the code stays around but no one sees it.

Pennsylvania19026