PostgreSQL on Mac OS X - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Jan Gacnik
Subject PostgreSQL on Mac OS X
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hello, I am new to this list.

I successfully compiled and installed PostgreSQL on Mac OS X. It is used
in quite a large project that was developed on Linux. The application
connects to the database via JDBC. Everything works fine except for one
thing: Charset support. Our main customers are from Germany and we need
support for characters that are not part of the ASCII charset. We need
iso-8859-1. I created the database using ./createdb
--encoding=LATIN1 ... . The files that are read into the database are
the same that are used on the Linux machines. On LINUX everything works
fine, the special charaters are displayed correct in the browser. But
when the server app runs on Mac OS X, other characters are display
instead.

Has anyone got a solution for my problem or some experience with
PostgreSQL and JDBC on the Mac???

Thanks in advance,
JG