Re: 7.2 items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Patrick Welche
Subject Re: 7.2 items
Date
Re: 7.2 items  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 08:00:42PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > * Translation:  If we want to use gettext I can get started.  I don't
> >   think I'm interested in using any other interface.
>
> I have no objection to the gettext API, but I was and still am concerned
> about depending on GNU gettext's code, because of license conflicts.
> There is a BSD-license gettext clone project, but it doesn't look to be
> very far along.

What's missing with it? (eg managed to force gmake's configure to use it
rather than its own, and didn't have to fiddle anything for it to just work)

% ldd `which gmake`
/usr/local/bin/gmake:        -lutil.5 => /usr/lib/libutil.so.5        -lkvm.5 => /usr/lib/libkvm.so.5        -lintl.0
=>/usr/lib/libintl.so.0    << BSD license lib        -lc.12 => /usr/lib/libc.so.12

% env LANGUAGE=fr gmake
gmake: *** Pas de cibles spécifiées et aucun makefile n'a été trouvé. Arrêt.

Cheers,

Patrick