Input/output error - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Dan Langille
Subject Input/output error
Date
List pgsql-admin
This morning I encountered the following error on my 7.2 database:

ERROR: cannot read block 16840 of commits_latest: Input/output error

The table 'commits_latest' was a derived table.  I dropped it, created it,
granted the permissions, and ran the stored procedure which populates this
table.  All went well and I had my database back and running.

I ran a VACUUM ANALYZE.  No problems were reported.  Then I ran a VACUUM
full ANALYZE, which went fine.

Any suggestions/recommendations/comments?
--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://freebsddiary.org/ - practical examples