Re: 7.2 items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: 7.2 items
Date
Re: 7.2 items  (Martín Marqués <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar>)
List pgsql-hackers
> > * Point-in-time data recovery using backup and write-ahead
> log > * Allow row re-use without vacuum (Vadim)
>
> Yhis one is not very important for my, but I guess there are
> people out there that have heavy updates on there DB and would
> be delighted with this.

Yes, this important especially for databases that have to be up 24
hours a day.

> > * Add the concept of dataspaces/tablespaces [tablespaces]
>
> What would this be?
>
> What I'm about to write has nothing (at least I think) to do
> with this, but I would like the database directoies to have the
> name of the databases, as it was before, if it's posible.  It
> makes it easier to find out with database is growing from the
> command line.

We have a /contrib utility called oid2name for that.

> > * Allow better control over user privileges [privileges]
>
> If this is related with the views and privileges, I'm on this
> one!

Not sure what the problem is there.  We already implement privileges on
views that are separate from the base tables.

-- Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us pgman@candle.pha.pa.us               |  (610)
Pennsylvania19026