Re: 7.2 items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: 7.2 items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I left the ones that look importante for my needs.

On Jue 10 May 2001 20:20, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Here is a small list of big TODO items.  I was wondering which ones
> people were thinking about for 7.2?

> * Point-in-time data recovery using backup and write-ahead log
> * Allow row re-use without vacuum (Vadim)

Yhis one is not very important for my, but I guess there are people out there
that have heavy updates on there DB and would be delighted with this.

> * Add the concept of dataspaces/tablespaces [tablespaces]

What would this be?

What I'm about to write has nothing (at least I think) to do with this, but I
would like the database directoies to have the name of the databases, as it
was before, if it's posible.
It makes it easier to find out with database is growing from the command line.

> * Allow better control over user privileges [privileges]

If this is related with the views and privileges, I'm on this one!

> * Allow elog() to return error codes, module name, file name, line
>   number, not just messages [elog]
> * Make binary/file in/out interface for TOAST columns
> * Large object interface improvements
> * Add ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN feature [drop]
> * Add ALTER TABLE ... DROP CONSTRAINT
> * Automatically drop constraints/functions when object is dropped

Saludos... :-)

--
El mejor sistema operativo es aquel que te da de comer.
Cuida tu dieta.