Re: JDBC Download. - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: JDBC Download.
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
> hi bruce,
>
> jdbc2 was never the problem.
> jdbc1 had/has all the bugs in it.

Actually, jdbc1 has more problems, but jdbc2 also will have new features
once I get these patches applied.

> to force it, i think the best way would be to install jdk1.1.8 and
> direct your java-home and path environment variables to it. this should
> be all.
> i don't know how to force ant to do it.

OK, my stupid question is whether I need a new java/javac binary, or do
I just download the jdk?  My guess it that they go together, which is
bad because I never installed the java stuff.  It came with the OS.