Re: Re: backend dies on 7.1.1 loading large datamodel. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Hentosh
Subject Re: Re: backend dies on 7.1.1 loading large datamodel.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 08:28:33PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Robert Hentosh <hentosh@io.com> writes:
> > I just put the datamodel at http://www.io.com/~hentosh/sql.tar.gz
>
> Hm.  I notice that postgres.sql hardwires the location of the plpgsql
> handler:
>
> create function plpgsql_call_handler() RETURNS opaque
> as '/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so' language 'c';
>
> create trusted procedural language 'plpgsql'
> HANDLER plpgsql_call_handler
> LANCOMPILER 'PL/pgSQL';
>
> If this were to suck in a wrong-version copy of plpgsql.so (and yes,
> I think 7.1 vs 7.1.1 could be wrong version) then that could cause
> failures.

I played with this a little.  What would be the proper solution?
Doesn't the backend go and cd to the data directory.  I blindly
tried:
    as 'plpgsql.so' language 'c';
and
    as 'lib/plpgsql.so' language 'c';

and it can't find the file.  Is there a way to correctly reference the
lib directory associated with the execuables directory structure?

One of the examples in the docs shows the full path, too. At the bottom
of this URL:

http://postgresql.readysetnet.com/users-lounge/docs/7.0/postgres/sql-createlanguage.htm