Re: Ideal hardware configuration for pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sean Chittenden
Subject Re: Ideal hardware configuration for pgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
> Unfortunately there aren't any great java ports for FreeBSD.

    Check out the linux compatibility java support

linux-jdk13

    I've found it to be about 95% as fast as something running
under native linux, but I get the perk of BSDs memory management and I
can typically run 1.4 times the apps/processes under BSD (linux dies).
With that, I gave up on the extra 5% speed and went for the higher
load and haven't looked back.  -sc

> Linux also enjoys the attention of many bigger players such as IBM, Compaq.

    Let it...  I'd rather have everyone focus on Linux so long as
the emmulation continues to be quick.  If IBM tried to release stuff
for both Linux and BSD, it'd tack another week-month onto their
development time.  Eventually they'll wisen up, but for now,
emmulation's paved my way to gold.  -sc

> Dave

Attachment