Re: libpgtcl and passwords - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: libpgtcl and passwords
Date
List pgsql-interfaces

> Is there a way to user username/passwords with libpgtcl?  I don't see
> any options in pg_connect.  Is it pg_connect -conninfo conninfoString?
> Does conninfoString match libpq's PQconnectdb?

I think I found the answer:
       /*        * Establish a connection using the new PQconnectdb() interface        */       if (argc != 3)       {
        Tcl_AppendResult(interp, "pg_connect: syntax error\n", 0);           Tcl_AppendResult(interp, "pg_connect
-conninfoconninfoString", 0);           return TCL_ERROR;       }

It wasn't clear to me that -conninfo is the standard PQconnectdb string
from the manual.  Let me see if I can clear that up.

Pennsylvania19026