Re: Re: CAST doesn't work - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jason Davis
Subject Re: Re: CAST doesn't work
Date
Re: Re: CAST doesn't work  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-novice
>Currently, you can:
>
>  * add columns
>  * add or drop a default value for a column
>  * rename a column
>  * rename a table
>  * add a constraint / referential integrity
>  * assign the table to a new owner
>
>Some features are not yet implemented:
>
>  * dropping a column
>  * changing a column from NULL to NOT NULL or vice versa
>  * adding a primary key
>  * changing a column type

Is it possible to remove a referential integrity trigger without dropping
tables? I tried to DROP TRIGGER using the name of the trigger created from
the foreign key clause when the table was created, without success (no such
trigger name).

Unfortunately dropping and recreating tables is not an option as it is a
production system. Therefore I don't want to get too reckless destroying
things in case I trash the entire database.

regards
Jason Davis