Re: src/backend/Makefile CDPATH Patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: src/backend/Makefile CDPATH Patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 03:25:38PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > The above is due to the following:
> >
> >     $ export CDPATH=.:/home/jt:/home/jt/src:/home/jt/lib
> >     $ echo `cd parser/ && pwd`
> >     /home/jt/src/pgsql/src/backend/parser /home/jt/src/pgsql/src/backend/parser
>
> Basically, you are telling me that if there are two matching parser
> directories, pwd gets set to _both_ of them.  Sorry, I don't think we
> want to work around a bug like that, so we?

No, he's saying that bash is verbose when CDPATH is set, letting you
know what directory it's actually cding to when the CDPATH is used.
Apparently, this is not the sh behavior, so his patch silences the
spurious output from cd.

Ross