PEAR and PG - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Roberto Mello
Subject PEAR and PG
Date
List pgsql-php
    Hi there,

    Is anyone here using PEAR with PG? I am having trouble finding decent
documentation about it.
    I have phpdoc.de/pear but the docs there are sketchy at best.

    For example:

  private object a &query( $query )

  Send a query to PostgreSQL and return the results as a DB_result
  object.

  private int numRows( $result )

  Get the number of rows in a result set

    But if I do (I am a PHP newbie, so bear with me please, and this is
just testing code):

    $sth = $dbh->query("select user_id from users where email='xxxxxx'");

    if($dbh->numrows($sth) > 0) {
        $row = $sth->fetchrow(DB_FETCHMODE_ASSOC);
        print "more than 0 rows. Row is ". $row[0];
    } else {
        print "no rows for you";
    }

    Then it tells me $sth is not a PostgreSQL result set. If it isn't, how
do I get it?

    Thanks,

    -Roberto
--