Re: Large Object problems (was Re: JDBC int8 hack) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyle VanderBeek
Subject Re: Large Object problems (was Re: JDBC int8 hack)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 02:24:24PM +0100, Peter Mount wrote:
> At 18:30 09/04/01 -0700, Kyle VanderBeek wrote:
> >This is a new feature?  Using indecies is "new"?  I guess I really beg to
> >differ.  Seems like a bugfix to me (in the "workaround" category).
>
> Yes they are. INT8 is not a feature/type yet supported by the driver, hence
> it's "new".
>
> Infact the jdbc driver supports no array's at this time (as PostgreSQL &
> SQL3 arrays are different beasts).
>
> If it's worked in the past, then that was sheer luck.

Alright man, you've got me confused.  Are you saying that despite the
existance of INT8 as a column type, and PreparedStatement.setLong(), that
these ought not be used?  If so, there is a really big warning missing
from the documentation!

I guess I'm asking this: I've got an enterprise database runnign 7.0.3
ready to go using INT8 primary keys and being accessed through my
re-touched JDBC driver.  Am I screwed?  Is it going to break?  If so, I
need to fix this all very, very fast.

--
Kyle.
   "I hate every ape I see, from chimpan-A to chimpan-Z" -- Troy McClure