Re: ecpg long int problem on alpha + fix - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: ecpg long int problem on alpha + fix
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 03:35:34PM +0300, Adriaan Joubert wrote:
> OK, I see. Problem is that without the fix ecpg aborts when writing to a
> table with an int8 column using valid code.

Sorry, I still don't seem to understand that. Data between ecpg and the
backend is tranfered in ascii only. What exactly happens?

> all exist on alpha and are all 64 bits, but HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT_64 is not
> defined, so ecpg cannot handle ECPGt_long_long types. It is not clear to

I see. I was under the impression that HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT_64 should be
defined if long long int is 64 bit integer which of course it is on the
alpha.

> me what the best thing is to fix here -- possibly configure needs to set
> HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT_64 (which solves the problem on alpha as well), but I
> do not know what the consequences of that are.

I would think that this is the correct solution. After all there is a
#ifdef HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT_64 in the backend as well.

Anyone else with more knowledge about HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT_64 dare to comment?

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De