segmentation fault in psql - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject segmentation fault in psql
Date
List pgsql-bugs
David George (david@onyxsoft.com) reports a bug with a severity of 1

Short Description
segmentation fault in psql

Long Description
System info: Sparc Solaris 2.7 with GCC 2.95.2
I have compiled Postgresql 7.1RC1 without any problems.
initdb, createuser, createdb work fine.  psql works, I can create a table, and insert data into that table, but if I
tryto select anything I get a core dump.  I even tried just a 'select CURRENT_USER;'.  Here is the output from gdb with
abacktrace:

GNU gdb 5.0
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.7"...
Core was generated by `psql test'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation Fault.
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libpq.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/libpq.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libresolv.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libresolv.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libgen.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libgen.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libdl.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libm.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libm.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libc.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libmp.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libmp.so.2
Reading symbols from /usr/platform/SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi-Engine/lib/libc_psr.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/platform/SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi-Engine/lib/libc_psr.so.1
#0  0x274a8 in putc ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x274a8 in putc ()
#1  0x21044 in print_aligned_text ()