Re: mod_auth_pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Subject Re: mod_auth_pgsql
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Thus spake Jeff MacDonald
> Does anyone know what directives to add to a .htaccess file
> to allow mod_auth_pgsql to connnect to password protected
> databases as certain users ?

This first may be required in the httpd.conf file.

LoadModule auth_pg_module /usr/lib/httpd/mod_auth_pg.so

You may also need something like this.

<Directory />    Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI Indexes   AllowOverride All   AuthPGAuthoritative off
</Directory>

In your .htaccess, something like this.
   AuthName "My Realm"   AuthType Basic   require valid-user   AuthPGAuthoritative onAuthPGEncrypted off           #
neededif you store passwords as plain text   AuthPGHost "db.mydomain.com"  # needed if database is on other system
AuthPGDatabase"dbname"   AuthPGQuery "SELECT pwd FROM table WHERE login = '%s'"