Re: Determine Time in other Time Zone - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Russell Hires
Subject Re: Determine Time in other Time Zone
Date
List pgsql-general
Upon further review... :-)

I had a look at the ntp website, and there is a bunch of links at the
bottom. http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/ is the main ntp page.

http://www.bsdi.com/date/date?PRC is pretty interesting. It appears that
someone has already figured out the time in the various timezones! How you
could link this into a database I don't know...Maybe you could add an entry
for each user that would incorporate their location based on the list on
that web page.

I then went a-lookin' for more info on this. www.timezoneconverter.com was
looking interesting. It contains cgi-bin info (unforunately, hidden from
view). There was also a list of routines at ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/ and
instructions at http://sandbox.xerox.com/stewart/tzconvert.cgi/info#help

Okay, enough research (Phew! I'm tired...). Is any of this useful? How could
it be incorporated into PSQL? I assume it's possible to call outside
routines from PSQL.

Hope this helps,

Russell

  _its_ (no apostrophe) means "the thing that it owns"
  _it's_ (with apostrophe) means "it is"