Re: records zapped to null - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Davies
Subject Re: records zapped to null
Date
List pgsql-general
Yes, that is what I mean: every column in the affected rows had been
changed to null;

The description is:

                         Table "request"
  Attribute  |   Type   |                Modifier
-------------+----------+----------------------------------------
 id          | integer  | default nextval('reqid'::text)
 agency_id   | integer  |
 opportunity | text     |
 start_date  | date     |
 end_date    | date     |
 focus       | text     |
 slots       | smallint |
 filled      | smallint |
 referred    | smallint |
 date_recd   | date     | default date("timestamp"('now'::text))
 task        | text     |
 uflg        | boolean  | default 'f'
Indices: redtx,
         reqkey,
         rfocx,
         rmemx,
         rsdtx,
         tskx

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 00:09:46 -0500, Tom Lane said:
> Stephen Davies <scldad@sdc.com.au> writes:
> > I have just had to restore a database from backup because the majority
> > of records in one table had "magically" become null.
>
> There's no such thing as a null record in Postgres.  What do you mean
> exactly: were the records still present but their fields all read as
> nulls?
>
> What is the declaration of the table?
>
>             regards, tom lane

Stephen Davies Consulting                              scldad@sdc.com.au
Adelaide, South Australia.                             Voice: 08-8177 1595
Computing & Network solutions.                         Fax: 08-8177 0133