paging - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From A. Van Hook
Subject paging
Date
List pgsql-sql
I have  a simple script to automate sql statements:  q " select * from
tablename"  where q is an alias to echo "$@ ;  " | psql imdb

Turning on security breaks this script since is need s password.
   the new one works a before: q "select *..." passwd where q is now
an expect script:
#!/usr/bin/expect

set query [lindex $argv 0]
set query [lindex $argv 1]

spawn psql imdb -U hook -n         expect "Password: ";         send   "$passwd\n ";         expect "imdb=# ";
send  "$query;\r";         expect "imdb=# ";         send   "\q;\r";

The problem is that long query returns  invoke the paging option  so you
can scroll a page a time. Paging doesn't work  properly within the
script and even if it did , I would have to disable it in order to
redirect the output to a file or a pipe.
   I can't  find any info in the docs. Can some one point me  in the
right direction....

thanks