Re: Failed compile on NT - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Tim Dunnington
Subject Re: Failed compile on NT
Date
List pgsql-ports
Dave,

I was having a similar problem.  I stopped getting that error when I tried
postgres 7.1beta6 instead.

Supposedly if you put the right patches on and put the special fixed header
files where they belong, sing the secret mantra and shake the holy rattle,
you can make it work with 7.0.3.

I never could make it work though :)  The patch didn't work right, gave me an
error (even thought I'm sure it was a unix nl-delimited file).

I'm using 1.1.8 cygwin, BTW.

Here are the references I found:
http://people.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq-mswin

Ciao,
Tim

"David A. Ventimiglia" <dventimi@pacbell.net> said:

> Hi,
>
> Running 'make install' produced this error:
>
> dlltool --dllname postgres.exe --output-exp postgres.exp --def postgres.def
> gcc -g -o postgres.exe -Wl,--base-file,postgres.base postgres.exp
> access/SUBSYS.
> o bootstrap/SUBSYS.o catalog/SUBSYS.o commands/SUBSYS.o executor/SUBSYS.o
> lib/SU
> BSYS.o libpq/SUBSYS.o main/SUBSYS.o parser/SUBSYS.o nodes/SUBSYS.o
> optimizer/SUB
> SYS.o port/SUBSYS.o postmaster/SUBSYS.o regex/SUBSYS.o rewrite/SUBSYS.o
> storage/
> SUBSYS.o tcop/SUBSYS.o utils/SUBSYS.o
> ../utils/version.o -L/usr/local/lib -lcygi
> pc -lcrypt -lcygwin -lkernel32
> utils/SUBSYS.o(.text+0x4340f):elog.c: undefined reference to `_sys_nerr'
> utils/SUBSYS.o(.text+0x43ded):exc.c: undefined reference to `_sys_nerr'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [postgres] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/d/download/postgresql-7.0.3.tar/postgresql-7.0.3/sr
> c/backend'
> make: *** [install] Error 2
>
> In particular, note the 'undefined reference to `_sys_nerr` messages for
> elog.c and exc.c
>
> I'm building PostgreSQL 7.0.3 under Windows NT sp6a using Cygwin 1.1.7 and
> cywin32_ipc 1.09.
>
> Should I cross-post this to another mailing list to see if anyone knows what
> the problem is here?  Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
> David Ventimiglia

Tim Dunnington