Re: pgmonitor on solaris - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pgmonitor on solaris
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
You don't mention the version of pgmonitor, but 0.27 is the most recent.
I just made a few awk fixes.  Maybe that will fix it.

Strange it is mentining an 'awk' error here.  My guess is that it
doesn't like some of the 'awk' commands I have used.  Does anyone see
some non-portable awk stuff in there?  Can you run the command manually
to find the part of the awk it is failing with?

The main web site for pgmonitor is:http://greatbridge.org/project/pgmonitor/projdisplay.php

You can download the most recent version fromftp://ftp.greatbridge.org/pub/pgmonitor

Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>
> Roberto Jo?o Lopes Garcia writes:
>
> > Is there a pgmonitor version for Solaris?? It dies with:
> >
> > Can't run 'ps': awk: syntax error near line 3
> > awk: illegal statement near line 3
> > awk: illegal statement near line 4
> > Please send in a patch.
> >
> > I tried to fix it whith:
> >
> > 1 - correct the path to ps.
> > 2 - convert Linux ps args to Solaris 2.5.1 ps args.
> >
> > Step 2 did not work, I could not find equivalents to x,w args and I do not
> > know if it is the only think that must be fixed.
>
> The x and w options for ps are BSD-style (not Linux).  On Solaris you'll
> find a BSD-style ps under /usr/ucb/.  With the SysV-style ps at
> /usr/bin/ps the -e option is the closest thing to it, but it probably
> won't work with pgmonitor.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut      peter_e@gmx.net       http://yi.org/peter-e/

Pennsylvania19026