Re: HOWTO for pg 7.1 installation from cvs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bill Barnes
Subject Re: HOWTO for pg 7.1 installation from cvs
Date
List pgsql-general
Well, this wasn't the posting I had in mind, but it's
even better.  Didn't know that 7.1 was so well
documented.  Thanks, Developers.

For anyone else's benefits here's the URL for the CVS
fetch.

http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/cvs.html

And here's the URL for the installation procedure.

http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/install-procedure.html

I' m still in trouble, however.

Install in Mandrake 7.2 gives me an error message:
In file included from pgtkAppInit.c:15:
/usr/include/tk.h:83:  X11/Xlib.h: No such file or
directory

A search thru Google turns up only a bunch of postings
asking where Xlib.h is.

Install in Debian 2.2 gives me an error message:
tclConfig.sh is required for Tcl

Debian does, however, have X11/Xlib.h

Thanks for your help.
-Bill