Re: how do I check if a temporary table exists? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Subject Re: how do I check if a temporary table exists?
Date
Re: how do I check if a temporary table exists?  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-sql
Thus spake datactrl
> How do I check if a temporary table exists? Searching pg_tables with a
> temporary table name we chose always fails.

What do you mean?  You know that it exists because you just created it
and the create succeeded.  Can you describe a situation where you need
to know about a temp table and don't already know?

It can't go into the pg_tables table because then it would be visible
to other processes.  Are you perhaps misunderstanding temp tables?  You
cannot see them except from the process that created them.