Re: Re: Birthday comparisons - Mailing list pgsql-general

From will trillich
Subject Re: Re: Birthday comparisons
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 07:45:41PM +0000, Andy Corteen wrote:
> I foolishly trashed the original postings about calculating if
> birthdays fall between two dates, ignoring the year parts. However...
>
> It struck me that the easiest way to make the comparison might be to
> normalize the date to be tested such that the year does not matter,
> then simply use the BETWEEN operator to make the test.

how about
    birthday_between('1998-12-25','1998-12-1','1999-1-1')
? doesn't that pose a year-relevant problem?

--
It is always hazardous to ask "Why?" in science, but it is often
interesting to do so just the same.

will@serensoft.com
http://newbieDoc.sourceforge.net/ -- we need your brain!