problem compiling the jdbc driver - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Silky Mittal
Subject problem compiling the jdbc driver
Date
Re: problem compiling the jdbc driver  (Peter T Mount <peter@retep.org.uk>)
List pgsql-interfaces
Dear Sir,  i am using postgresql 6.5.3 on red hat 6.2...  i downloaded j2sdk-1_3_0_02-linux-rpm.bin fromjava.sun.com
andstored it in my root directory withthe same name.  i have jdbc6.5-1.2.jar and         jdbc6.5-1.1.jar in
/usr/lib/pgsqldirectory. i use following code for the driver in my javaapplication:
Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver")  it compiles fine but when i give java filename itgives the following error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:org/postgresql/Driver then i included the name of jar file in my classpath with the
commandexport CLASSPATH=.:/usr/lib/pgsql/jdbc6.5-1.2.jar it still gives the same problem........ then i tried to
compilethe driver using the command make jdbc2  but it gives the following error:  make:**No rule to make target jdbc2
Stop also my system has no file called postgresql.jar.  please tell me what to do.  Thanks  help will be appreciated
Silky