Re: stored procedures on PERL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From will trillich
Subject Re: stored procedures on PERL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 09:20:19AM +0200, Vladislav Breus wrote:
> Can anybody to advise me a documentation about writting
> functions (stored procedures)on PERL. (I'm not found it
> neither in aw_pgsql_book nor html documentations (or FAQs)).

first, be sure you've got plperl available --

    locate plperl.so

if you've done 'updatedb' lately, else (if your computer needs a
hobby) try

    find / -name plperl.so -print

once you can tell whether or not you have it, check the
ever-so-brief mentions at

    http://localhost/doc/postgresql-doc/html/user/pl-perl.htm

kinda like expecting the key to the city and then they tell
you that to get the key your ordeal will make indiana jones's
look like a cakewalk.

--
It is always hazardous to ask "Why?" in science, but it is often
interesting to do so just the same.

will@serensoft.com
http://newbieDoc.sourceforge.net/ -- we need your brain!